Ticket Purchase Deadline: Thursday, November 26 at 11:59 pm
Current November Prize Amount:
Grand Prize Draw: November 27, 2020
Proceeds from each raffle help fund critical items like vital equipment and services needed for our community.
Congratulations to our Early Bird Winners!
Winning Ticket # A-4880715
Prize: $1,000 cash
Winning Ticket #A-1644163
Prize: $1,000 cash
Winning Ticket # A-5221165
Prize: $1,000 cash
*Please refer to Rules of Play below for full details on how to claim prize.
5 numbers for $10
20 numbers for $20
60 numbers for $40
150 numbers for $75
*Due to the ongoing pandemic, tickets are only available for purchase online.
Meet our September grand prize winner:
Tom Lian was impressed by how his grandmother was cared for by Trillium Health Partners (THP), and he has also received care there for two sports-related fractures, which is why he decided to buy tickets for THP Foundation’s 50/50 Raffle. When the phone rang, he was very surprised to hear a Foundation representative say he had just won the jackpot of $52,042.
Tom and his parents were out of town skiing last winter when they got an urgent call that his 85-year-old grandmother had fallen in the night and broken her hip. They rushed to be with her at Credit Valley Hospital, right by where they all live together, and found her in good hands. “We were happy and appreciative for how caring they were at the hospital,” Tom says. With home support and physio, she is up and about again.
Living so close to Credit Valley Hospital means he and his family don’t have to worry about where to go for excellent health care – it’s just around the corner.
“The hospital staff were good to my grandmother and good to me, so buying a ticket was one way I could support Trillium Health Partners.”
Tom’s in no rush to spend the money: he’s going to treat his family and invest the balance to build a nest egg.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation
RULES OF PLAY FOR 50/50 RAFFLE DRAW
Lottery License #1196924 | Registered Charitable Business #119245678 RR0001
1. This raffle is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and is subject to regulations set by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”)
2. Purchaser must be 18 years or older to play.
3. Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
4. Tickets can only be purchased online at the website www.trillium5050.ca.
5. Tickets will be sold beginning at 9:00 am on November 2nd, 2020 and ending at 11:59 pm on November 26th, 2020.
6. All tickets purchased between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 am and November 6th, 2020 at or before 8:59 am will be entered into the first early bird prize draw. All tickets purchased between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 am and November 13th, 2020 at or before 8:59 am will be entered into the second early bird prize draw. All tickets purchased between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 am and November 20th, 2020 at or before 8:59 am will be entered into the third early bird prize draw.
7. All tickets purchased between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 am and November 26th, 2020 at or before 11:59 pm will be entered into the grand prize draw.
8. The weekly draws for early bird prizes will take place November 6th, November 13th and November 20th, 2020 at 9:00 am. There will be three early bird prizes to be won:
Early Bird Prize #1: $1,000 cash prize – Draw Date: November 6th, 9:00 am
Early Bird Prize #2: $1,000 cash prize – Draw Date: November 13th, 9:00 am
Early Bird Prize #3: $1,000 cash prize – Draw Date: November 20th, 9:00 am
9. Once a number has been drawn for an early bird prize, the same number will be ineligible for other early bird prizes. However, other numbers on the same ticket may still be drawn. It is possible for the same number to win both an early bird prize and the grand prize.
10. The grand prize draw will take place on November 27th, 2020 at 9:00 am. This draw will have a guaranteed minimum prize of $5,000. When ticket sales exceed $5,000, the winning prize will be half of the sales. The value of the grand prize can be seen at any time at www.trillium5050.ca.
11. Tickets can be purchased for $10.00 for 5 numbers, $20.00 for 20 numbers, $40.00 for 60 numbers, and $75.00 for 150 numbers. Purchases can only be made online at www.trillium5050.ca with a credit card-only purchase. No other forms of payment will be accepted.
12. After buying, a purchaser will be given by Trillium Health Partners Foundation, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
13. Winning ticket numbers will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system.
14. One winning number will be selected for the first early bird prize from all raffle numbers sold for the draw between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 a.m. and November 6th, 2020 at or before 8:59 a.m.. One winning number will be selected for the second early bird prize from all raffle numbers sold for the draw between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 a.m. and November 13th, 2020 at or before 8:59 a.m.. One winning number will be selected for the third early bird prize from all raffle numbers sold for the draw between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 a.m. and November 20th, 2020 at or before 8:59 a.m..
15. One winning number will be selected for the grand prize from all raffle numbers sold for the draw between November 2nd, 2020 at or after 9:00 a.m. and November 26th, 2020 at or before 11:59 p.m..
16. Trillium Health Partners Foundation Staff and Board of Directors members as well as Trillium Health Partners Board of Directors members are not permitted to purchase tickets and are not eligible to win.
17. Three early bird prizes and one grand cash prize will be awarded; the winning tickets will be posted on the www.trillium5050.ca website immediately after the draws take place. If information about the winners are collected at the point of sale, the winners will be contacted directly.
18. Neither a prize (or portion thereof), nor any entitlement or payment relating to it, may be assigned, transferred, sold, loaned, leased, rented, pledged, mortgaged or hypothecated, by any winner.
19. Trillium Health Partners Foundation will not award a prize for tickets which are void unless Trillium Health Partners Foundation, in its discretion, deems it appropriate to do so. Tickets are void if lost, stolen, unissued, illegible, mutilated, damaged, altered, counterfeited or forged, miscut, misregistered, defective, misprinted, cancelled, produced in error and not recorded in the on-line system, incomplete, not paid for, destroyed or issued, acquired or presented, in, or upon, violation of these Rules, or the Game Conditions. Void tickets are the property of the Foundation.
20. Early bird prize and grand prize winning ticket holders have 6 months in which to claim their prize(s) from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
21. Any winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet and send it to Ttrillium5050@thp.ca or call (905) 848-7575.
22. Once the certified winner(s) is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, the early bird prize winners will each be given a cheque in the amount of $1,000, while the grand prize winner will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the gross sales net any refunds or voided transactions for that game. If the winners cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
23. In the event that no grand prize or early bird prize winner(s) comes forward, the winning stub(s) will be kept in a safe and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will donated to a local charity with the approval of the AGCO.
24. The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
25. Lottery rules will be posted at www.trillium5050.ca.
26. Trillium Health Partners Foundation may amend these rules at any time and in any manner subject to the approval of the AGCO.
27. Winners’ contact information will be shared with the licensing authority (AGCO). Contact information for all other ticket purchasers may be shared with the licensing authority (AGCO) at their request.
28. For all inquiries on the conduct prizing and the procedures of the lottery please e-mail Ttrillium5050@thp.ca.
Q: How does this 50/50 work?
A: Administered by the Trillium Health Partners Foundation and licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the 50/50 raffle is a game wherein individuals purchase tickets for the opportunity to win 50% of the total money raised through the sale of 50/50 tickets.
Q: Where does the rest of the money raised go?
A: Net proceeds support the highest priority needs of the Trillium Health Partners. To learn more about Trillium Health Partners, please visit www.trilliumgiving.ca
Q: When do sales close?
A: Raffle ticket sales close at 11:59pm on Thursday, November 26th, 2020.
Q: I have more questions; who can I contact?
A: Please e-mail email@example.com with any further questions.
Q: Where’s my ticket?
A: Purchased tickets are delivered to the e-mail address supplied at time of purchase. Please allow 12 hours for the e-mail to be sent, as servers may sometimes be slow. Please remember to check your spam and junk, as some e-mails services may incorrectly flag your incoming tickets. If you have not received your tickets after 12 hours, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What is the grand prize?
A: The grand prize is 50% of the total money raised through the sale of 50/50 tickets. There is a guaranteed minimum grand prize of $5,000.
Q: How do the early bird prizes work?
A: By purchasing a ticket before the early bird draw dates (see early bird draw dates below), you will be entered into the early bird draw. The winning number for any early bird prize is not eligible to win any other early bird prizes, but can still win the grand prize. If a winning ticket has multiple numbers purchased (see ticket structure below), that ticket has a chance to win multiple early bird prizes.
Q: What are the early bird prizes?
A: There are three early bird prizes that are offered for this raffle:
- $1,000 cash
- $1,000 cash
- $1,000 cash
Q: Where can I buy tickets?
A: You can buy tickets online at www.trillium5050.ca. Due to the current situation around COVID-19, we will not be offering face-to-face ticket sales for this raffle.
Q: How are the tickets structured?
A: When you buy a raffle ticket online or in-person, you will receive a ticket with several “numbers.” Each number, printed directly on your ticket, represents a chance to win. You can purchase 5 numbers for $10.00, 20 numbers for $20.00, 60 numbers for $40.00, or 150 numbers for $75.00. You will receive a digital ticket via the e-mail address supplied at time of purchase. The winning ticket must be presented to claim the prize.
Q: Can I buy more than one ticket?
A: Yes, you can purchase more than one ticket. Each purchase will be a separate transaction, and you will receive separate tickets. For instance, if you wished to support Trillium Health Partners with $60, you can buy 60 numbers for $40.00 on one ticket, and another 20 numbers for $20.00 on a second ticket. You may only purchase five tickets per transaction.
Q: Who is eligible to buy 50/50 draw tickets?
A: Anyone currently or temporarily residing in Ontario who is not Trillium Health Partners Foundation Staff nor Board of Directors nor Trillium Health Partners Board of Directors are eligible to buy tickets and win the prize(s). Trillium Health Partners staff, volunteers, physicians, patients, and families are all eligible to buy tickets and win the prize(s). You must be over 18 to purchase tickets and/or claim a prize.
Q: What payment methods are accepted?
A: When buying tickets online at www.trillium5050.ca, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express will be accepted. Regrettably, we do not accept cheque, money orders, nor bank and/or electronic transfers.
Q: Can people buy over the phone?
A: We are exploring this option for our future 50/50 raffles, but unfortunately are not selling tickets over the phone at this time. Please visit www.trillium5050.ca to purchase tickets.
Q: When are the early bird prize draws?
A: The winning numbers for the early bird prizes will be drawn:
Draw 1: Friday, November 6, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Draw 2: Friday, November 13, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Draw 3: Friday, November 20, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Q: When is the grand prize draw?
A: The winning number for the grand prize will be drawn on Friday, November 27, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Q: When and where will the winning number be announced?
A: Any winning numbers (for either early bird prizes or the grand prize) will be posted on www.trillium5050.ca immediately following the respective draw. If information about the winner is collected at the point of sale, the winner will be contacted directly.
Q: Do I need my ticket to get the money?
A: You will have a digital ticket in your e-mail that you must present to claim the prize.
Q: Am I notified if I win?
A: We will attempt to contact you should your ticket purchase(s) be associated with any winning number(s).
Q. Will I receive a tax receipt for my purchase?
A. We do not issue tax receipts for participation in the 50/50 raffle. Lottery and/or any gaming tickets where there is the possibility to win a prize, are not tax deductible in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency policies.
AGCO License #1196924
Please Play Responsibly. Ontario Problem Gambling Hotline (866) 531 2600 or visit ConnexOntario.ca.
For more information or to learn about other ways you can get involved, please call or email us at
905 848 7575, email@example.com Thank you and good luck!