Position Title: Director, Donor Experience
Reports To: Vice President, Philanthropy
Posting Date: Thursday December 19, 2019
Work Location: Trillium Health Partners Foundation: 89 Queensway W, Mississauga
Are you motivated by the opportunity to be part of a movement to create a new kind of health care in Mississauga, Peel Region and West Toronto? Have you demonstrated success as a donor relations/stewardship professional or managed an elite client base? Are you eager to join a dynamic, growing team who is passionate about creating a work environment that is inspiring, productive and fun? If so, please read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF).
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based hospital systems in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto. Over the past year, THP received over 1.7 million patient visits and volumes continue to grow. Over the next 20 years, no hospital in Ontario will require more services or beds.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners. THPF is a team of over 40 professionals that strategically drive success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Having raised more than $38 million last year, our organization is positioned for growth, and is in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign. This will be our community’s largest hospital build and health care fundraising campaign.
Join our team and help us inspire investment in a new kind of health care for a healthier community!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Director, Donor Experience will build and implement meaningful donor experiences for our $1M+, 10M+, and 50M+ donors which demonstrate the donor’s impact through philanthropy. This role works closely with the President & CEO and Vice President, Philanthropy and plays a critical role in transformation gift strategy. This role will also lead, our donor experience team to enable the organization’s ambitious fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly donor centered and professional, operating with ease within sophisticated environments.
- Have experience developing high-level strategic stewardship, recognition and naming policies based on industry best practices.
- Be creative and flexible, able to work collaboratively across teams, and with fundraisers, to deliver targets and goals.
- Have a proven ability to provide direction and oversight to generate new and strategic ways to engage and thank donors and volunteers.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong service-orientation and exceptional relationship management understanding.
- Have strong communication skills, including writing abilities, and be able to produce and edit stewardship pieces.
- Have an in-depth understanding of, and experience utilizing, donor management and donor relations systems, in particular Raiser’s Edge.
- Be able to work collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure that promotional materials (print and digital) related to the recognition and stewardship programs are up-to-date and keeping within the key messaging for the organization.
- Have experience in developing strategy for donor recognition events and other donor engagement receptions and activities.
- Be able to demonstrate creativity and exceptional donor experience.
- Thrive in ambiguity, but bring rigor and structure to the team.
- Have strong business acumen and issue resolution skills with the ability to deal with situations in an open, objective and flexible manner.
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy and leading a team comprised of a Manager and Development Officer, the Director, Donor Experience will focus on the strategic development of exceptional donor experiences to support the fundraising performance of the organization.
Donor Experience for $1M+ Donors
- Develop creative, impactful experiences for donors that align to the impact that their gift makes to our organization.
- Creation and implementation of meaningful engagement activities across a wide array of platforms (in person, events, written communications, digital etc.) for a growing group of $1M+, 10M+, and 50M+ donors
Strategic Program Direction
- Provide strategic direction on department goals and objectives, in line with organizational priorities and fundraising goals.
- Lead the development of the naming policy for the hospital and Foundation.
- Ensure the adherence to these policies with respect to signage and naming opportunities. Provides strategic direction and authors the development of policies and procedures that are essential for a comprehensive donor experience program.
- Provide exemplary leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of donor experience professionals.
- Oversee recruitment, retention, development, and performance of the team.
- Oversee annual series of donor engagement, stewardship and cultivation events to support in pipeline development, advancement of donor relationships and in deepening mission engagement.
- Ensure exceptional donor experience and seamless experience for all event attendees.
- Develop creative and meaningful ways to celebrate major gift announcements and major donor milestones.
- A degree or diploma in a related field plus a minimum 8 years of progressive donor/client relations experience in sophisticated institutions or have an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience providing strategic stewardship for individual, corporate, and foundation gifts at the $1M+ level and up
- Demonstrated leadership experience and success motivating and managing a team of professionals.
- Comprehension of donor or client management systems (i.e. Raiser’s Edge or RENXT) and proficiency with MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) designation is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Work may take place across the multiple sites of Trillium Health Partners and Trillium Health Partners Foundation. A valid driver’s license and assess to a vehicle is required.
- A positive attitude for self and team: anything can be solved; anything can be accomplished.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors, and fundraisers, in order to develop meaningful touch points and experiences.
- Maturity, tact and diplomacy; excellent judgment and discretion; political astuteness.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, be highly-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals is essential.
- Ability to develop persuasive PowerPoint and other types of presentations or reports.
- A reputation for integrity, and the capacity to develop meaningful relationships across teams.
- Ability to navigate and be effective within a complex matrix organization that values collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to think collaboratively and plan strategically as part of a team.
- Capable of thinking outside of the box, offering creative ideas and solutions.
- Comfort working in a high energy, fast paced and results-oriented environment.
To pursue this career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and résumé at our hospitals website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.