Position Title: Development Officer, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving
Reports To: Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving
Status: Full time
Work Location: 89 The Queensway West, Mississauga, with occasional work at Credit Valley Hospital and Queensway Health Centre sites.
Post Date: October 26, 2020
Closing: November 8, 2020
Are you motivated by the opportunity to be part of a movement to create a new kind of health care in Mississauga, Peel Region and west Toronto? Are you eager to contribute to a dynamic team passionate about creating a work environment that is inspiring, productive and fun? If so, please read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF).
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community-based hospital system in Canada. Comprised of Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, west Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto. Last year, THP received over 1.7 million patient visits and, over the next 20 years, no other hospital in Ontario will face more growth in demand.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners. THPF is a team of over 30 professionals that strategically drive success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Having raised more than $38 million last year, our organization is positioned for growth and in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign. This will be our community’s largest hospital building project and health care fundraising campaign to date.
Join our team and help us inspire investment in a new kind of health care for a healthier community!
The Development Officer, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving is a full-time position within the Marketing and Community Engagement team at Trillium Health Partners Foundation. Reporting to the Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving, the Development Officer, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving will work with the Manager to manage a portfolio of programs designed to support key business objectives including donor acquisition, donor retention, and revenue generation.
The successful candidate will have experience managing Annual Giving and Direct Marketing programs will and quickly build rapport with a number of vendors and internal relationships to achieve success. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in a hospital foundation, health-related charity or another health care or non-profit context.
- Responsible for contributing to sizeable annual fundraising targets across programs that include: Tribute Programs (In Honour, In Memory), Staff Giving, Direct Mail (including a Gift Catalog and Newsletters)/Email, Monthly Giving (including Door-to-Door Fundraising and Telemarketing)
- Ensures programs are executed with a multi-channel approach and considers, email, social media & digital fundraising tactics, in collaboration with marketing & communications team.
- In collaboration with Director and Manager, supports the execution of comprehensive, measurable testing plans; a DM/email testing roadmap and the execution of A/B tests to optimize key metrics including open, clickthrough, and conversion rates
- Recommends and develops tactics for growth and regularly monitors program performance, and adjusts or re-evaluates program tactics to optimize programs as appropriate.
- Manages contact with donors including responses to donor inquiries and complaints, and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Assists in managing vendors and suppliers (for example: Canada Post, Direct Mail and Telemarketing agencies, etc.), ensuring budgets and deadlines are met based on agreed upon goals & KPIs. Reports and manages issues that arise with vendor to resolution.
- Responsible for project management; delivering projects on scope and on time or flagging issues if necessary.
- Executes documented business rules around mid-level donor management and the movement / upgrade between annual programs and major gift programs.
- Works with Corporate Services department to ensure timely, accurate and proper gift processing, data pulls & list management, including monitoring & evaluation of data. Manages own R/E data entry to capture donor activity for tracking and reporting purposes and ensures all donor interactions are accurately recorded and updated in Raiser’s Edge.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships within the Foundation, with key departments within the hospital and with various vendors that will be managed by this role.
- Champions an environment that ensures effective sharing of information and collaboration with other Foundation programs and teams.
- Stays engaged and current with hospital updates, health care topics and news of relevance to Direct Marketing.
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to embodying the values of our team-created “ICARE” philosophy: inspiration, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture.
- 3+ years of Direct Mail and Email development and telemarketing program execution and measurement
- University degree in business, marketing, communication or other related disciplines
- A recognized fund raising certification or CFRE would be an asset
- Experience developing trigger-based and lifecycle based automated communications
- understanding of and experience with direct marketing test and control methodology as well as key metrics for direct marketing campaign success
- Understanding of and experience utilizing segmentation approaches for direct marketing campaigns
- Experience in, and comfort with, managing vendor and supplier relationships as an extension of the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a strong personal commitment to excellence
- Highly professional and articulate with sensitivity, discretion and an appropriate demeanour.
- Experience working in hospital environment, and / or health-related charity an asset
- Experience with door-to-door fundraising and / or telemarketing campaigns an asset
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word in particular).
- Donor/Client database experience (Raiser’s Edge Experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with Luminate Online, TeamRaiser, WordPress
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines as needed, prioritizing tasks with the Director—some after-hours work may be required.
- Working remotely during COVID-19 is supported and encouraged. Under more regular circumstances, work occurs at the Foundation office (89 Queensway W) with some flexibility to work remotely.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle an asset.
- To pursue this career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and résumé at our hospitals website: trilliumhealthpartners.ca
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be