Position Title: Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving
Reports To: Director, Direct Marketing & Analytics
Status: Temporary Full time (approx.12 months)
Work Location: Trillium Health Partners Foundation office at 89 The Queensway West, Mississauga, with some flexibility to work remotely.
Post Date: March 30, 2021
Closing: April 16, 2021
Are you motivated by the opportunity to be part of a movement to create a new kind of health care in Mississauga, Peel Region and west Toronto? Are you eager to contribute to a dynamic team passionate about creating a work environment that is inspiring, productive and fun? If so, please read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF).
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community-based hospital system in Canada. Comprised of Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, west Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto. Last year, THP received over 1.7 million patient visits and, over the next 20 years, no other hospital in Ontario will face more growth in demand.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners. THPF is a team of over 30 professionals that strategically drive success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Having raised more than $38 million last year, our organization is positioned for growth and in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign. This will be our community’s largest hospital building project and health care fundraising campaign to date.
Join our team and help us inspire investment in a new kind of health care for a healthier community!
The Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving is a full-time temporary position within the Marketing and Community Engagement team at Trillium Health Partners Foundation. Reporting to the Director, Direct Marketing & Analytics the Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving will manage a portfolio of programs designed to support key business objectives including donor acquisition, donor retention, and revenue generation. The successful candidate will have experience managing a wide-range of Annual Giving and Direct Marketing programs will and quickly build rapport with a number of vendors and internal relationships to achieve success. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in a hospital foundation, health-related charity or another health care or non-profit context.
- Responsible for contributing to sizeable annual fundraising target across all programs in the portfolio and responsible for managing associated expense budget. Contributes to annual plans and budgets to support long term plans for the portfolio.
- Programs include: Tribute Programs (In Honour, In Memory), Staff Giving, Direct Mail (including a Gift Catalog and Newsletters)/Email, Monthly Giving (including Door-to-Door Fundraising and Telemarketing)
- Ensures programs are executed with a multi-channel approach and considers, email, social media & digital fundraising tactics, in collaboration with marketing & communications team.
- In collaboration with Director, supports the development of comprehensive, measurable testing plans; a DM/email testing roadmap and the execution of A/B tests to optimize key metrics including open, clickthrough, and conversion rates
- Working in conjunction with the team, set budgets, and annual KPIs to measure data, trends, and performance across donor retention, conversion, acquisition, and active donor base. Regularly monitors program performance, and adjusts or re-evaluates program tactics to optimize programs as appropriate.
- Develops and implements, in collaboration with broader team, an overall strategy to attract new unrestricted giving vehicles through online/offline giving and other direct marketing channels to grow overall portfolio, including stewardship best practises.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications team and leads external vendor partners to execute programs on plan, and that adhere to brand guidelines, tone and voice and agreed upon goals, timelines & KPIs. Reports and manages issues that arise with vendor to resolution.
- Responsible for project management; delivering projects on scope and on time or flagging issues if necessary.
- Working with Major Gift team, champions documented business rules around mid-level donor management and the movement / upgrade between annual programs and major gift programs.
- Works with Corporate Services department to ensure timely, accurate and proper gift processing, data pulls & list management.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring one direct report.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships within the Foundation, with key departments within the hospital and with various vendors that will be managed by this role.
- Champions an environment that ensures effective sharing of information and collaboration with other Foundation programs and teams.
- Stays engaged and current with hospital updates, health care topics and news of relevance to Direct Marketing.
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to embodying the values of our team-created “ICARE” philosophy: inspiration, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture.
- 5+ years of Direct Mail and Email development and telemarketing program execution and measurement
- University degree in business, marketing, communication or other related disciplines
- A recognized fund raising certification or CFRE would be an asset
- Experience developing trigger-based and lifecycle based automated communications
- Strong understanding of and experience with direct marketing test and control methodology as well as key metrics for direct marketing campaign success
- Understanding of and experience utilizing segmentation and predictive modelling approaches for direct marketing campaigns
- High level of experience in, and comfort with, managing vendor and supplier relationships as an extension of the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a strong personal commitment to excellence
- Highly professional and articulate with sensitivity, discretion and an appropriate demeanour.
- Experience working in hospital environment, and / or health-related charity an asset
- Experience with door-to-door fundraising and / or telemarketing campaigns an asset
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word in particular).
- Donor/Client database experience (Raiser’s Edge Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, TeamRaiser, WordPress)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines as needed, prioritizing tasks with the Director—some after-hours work may be required.
- Working remotely during COVID-19 is supported and encouraged. Under more regular circumstances, work occurs at the Foundation office (89 Queensway W) with some flexibility to work remotely.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle an asset.
- For further information about Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at trilliumgiving.ca.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Title: Volunteer Golf Tournament Committee Member
Reports To: Event Manager, Golf Tournaments
Status: Part Time
Post Date: February 18, 2021
Looking for a highly rewarding volunteer opportunity? Do you have a passion for fundraising for your community hospital? Do you want to make a difference in the health of your community?
Trillium Health Partners Foundation is dedicated to raising the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners—Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre—one of the largest community-based, academically affiliated, acute care facilities in Canada.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation is currently seeking dedicated community-minded individuals to join our golf tournament committees, who will share our passion and commitment for healthcare in our community. Take an active role in helping your local hospital and join the team for one or both events!
WE HAVE TWO GOLF TOURNAMENTS:
Women with Drive
Monday, June 14th, 2021
Granite Ridge Golf Club
Monday, June 28, 2021
Credit Valley Golf & Country Club
- One hour monthly committee meetings from March to May – currently virtual
- Contribute to sponsorship and registration pipeline to help identify prospects
- Commitment to raise a minimum of $5,000 – $10,000 per tournament in either sponsorship, participant sales (foursomes) or gift in kind
- In person availability on the day of the events
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Working collaboratively with like-minded volunteers from the community
- Building relationships in your community
- A renewed passion for the healthcare in your community
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact: